Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Algonquin Bound!


Tomorrow morning Deb and I leave for Algonquin Park. At 5:50 am our van will be headed north somewhere between here and Dwight...the West gate entrance to the Park. I hope to get one sketch in before I drop off my four pieces for the annual Mystery in the Park juried show at the Visitors' Centre at 2pm.

We will meet up with our friends David and Diane Kay and will spend time painting and enjoying our evenings together catching up.Apparently the colours are almost full...early for sure...and the weather forecast includes cloudy and rainy periods. That never has impeded having a good time...or making paintings for "Me". AS Woody Allen once quipped: "Showing up is 80 percent of success"!....and ain't that the truth! One can find any number of reasons not to face adversity or less than perfect opportunities in life...but from my own experiences...my greatest growth and success has come out of these challenging situations.

In any event...look for the work that I hope to complete in my next posts and on our web site www.thepaintboxgallery.ca .....soon to be updated! I am including the final version of the demo started at Geneva Park. It is final...I have signed it!
Good painting to all!
Cheers!
Bruce

2 comments:

  1. "One can find any number of reasons not to face adversity or less than perfect opportunities in life...but from my own experiences...my greatest growth and success has come out of these challenging situations."

    That sounds like a great philosophy Bruce. I'll have to try to remember that this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Keith...for your comments!As i have remarked earlier...we share MUCH in common! Your trekking over rough and isolated terrain in search of solitude and inspiration parallels my own artistic passion an willingness to strive. Cheers! Bruce

    ReplyDelete